Post your scores in the comments, we’ll give the winners a free visit to see the Soyuz*
* Disclaimer: It’s free to everyone, and here until Sunday, May 13
1. What do cosmonauts often carry inside their boots for luck?
a) A four-leafed clover
b) Children’s toys
c) A piece of meteorite
2. Who are “Mach numbers” named after?
a) German rally driver Mach Fyve
b) Italian politician Niccolo Machiavelli
c) Austrian physicist Ernst Mach
3. The Manchester company that helped develop the fabrics for Apollo 11 mission to send the first men to walk on the Moon shared a name with which famous literary scientist?
a) Van Helsing
b) Captain Nemo
4. What kind of bird is “Tim Beake”?
a) A pigeon
b) A duck
c) An owl
5. The enormous parachute that slowed the Soyuz down following re-entry is on display alongside the capsule. But the nailbiting parachute moment from which film was referenced by our Web Manager Mike during his live blog of the Soyuz install?
a) Point Break
b) The Spy Who Loved Me
c) Band of Brothers
6. We all know the sad story of Laika, who was the first dog to orbit the Earth and died in the attempt. But what were names of the first dogs to successfully return from space?
a) Cosmo and Astro
b) Belka and Strelka
c) Goofy and Odie
7. The helmet of the Sokol spacesuit means you can’t scratch an itchy nose during the flight to the ISS. So how do cosmonauts get around this?
a) They stick a piece of Velcro inside the helmet
b) They practice touching their noses with their tongues
c) They have anaesthetic injections so they can’t feel their faces
Scroll down for the answers…
1b; 2c; 3c; 4b; 5a; 6b; 7a